Boering in the New SA

A Department of Agriculture representative stopped at a farm and talked with an old Afrikaans farmer.

He told the farmer, 'I need to inspectyour farm.'The old Afrikaner said, 'OK Boet, but doesn't goes in by that field over there.'

The Agriculture representative said, 'Hey wena ama-boer, I have the authority of the Gavament with me. See this card?

The card means I a mallowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions asked or answered.

Have I made myself clear? Do you unnastand , vorstaan djy ?'

The old farmer nodded politely and went about his farm chores. Later, the old farmer heard loud screams and saw the Agriculture Rep runningfor the fence and close behind was the farmer's huge-horned prize bull.

The bull was gaining on the wide eyed Agriculture Rep with every step.
The Rep was clearly terrified, so the old farmer put down his tools,walked to the fence and shouted .....

'Your card! Your card, Boet! Shows him your card!'

No comments: